“We are Inspiring Generations to be World Changers for Christ”
At Christ Community Church (CCC), we believe that the local Church is the hope of the world. Every generation plays an important role in building the Kingdom of God in this community, so investing in our young people is important because they are our future leaders. We are equipping all ages and all backgrounds for the work of ministry, whether in the field or in the work place, because God has called everyone to change the world.
In August 1983, Pastor Mitch & Rebie Smith started a campus ministry called Maranatha (meaning “the Lord is coming”) Christian Fellowship. Seven years later, the campus ministry expanded into a church and changed its name to Christ Community Church (CCC). They met at Park Forest Middle School until 2000 when CCC purchased a church building at 1606 Norma St. With the desire to serve the community, Abba’s House Daycare was formed in 2003. A fifteen acre property was purchased in 2004, on which the current community center was built. The first service was held on June 29, 2008 which is where CCC started seeing much growth. In 2014, twelve adjoining acres were purchased and daycare expansion was completed. In 2015, Puerta de Conexion, a Spanish service was launched along with World Changers School of Ministry.